Monday, June 16, 2008

Every Fairytale has a Villain

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
Jesus speaking in John 16:33
I wanted to write this post to let you know what I mean by "fairytale". My life is blessed but it has NOT been without it's trials. The blog paints a perfect picture but I wanted you to know that our life is not perfect-but God is good.
Tim and I have lost 2 babies. Our first baby and Lake's twin. That was very difficult to deal with.
I got sick July 5, 2005 and was pretty much bedridden with headaches and arthritic pain without knowing why. It took us 7 months to figure out that it was Lyme Disease. So much time had passed that it was very difficult to treat. I was on 17 weeks of IV antibiotics and 2 years of oral antibiotics. We had 8 trips to the ER in one year. Life was not easy. It was dark, depressing, and very scary. What if I was never healthy again? How did this happen to me? Why didn't God stop it? And why doesn't He heal me? I was forced to trust in a way I never had. Our marriage was thrust into a whole nother level of comittment.
So, when I say God has given me the fairytale. It is not because I have a nice house and a cute husband. It is because I have a relationship with the God who made me and died for me. It is because God has given me a husband who loves Him and loves me like Jesus loves His bride (the church). AND, it is because God met me in those dark times.
I knew it was part of His perfect story for me even though I despised this chapter. That chapter is still not completely over. I still have headaches and joint issues but have come so far that no one would ever know it happened.
The "fairytale" is that when you are in a relationship with God, there is HOPE, JOY and COMFORT. There is blessing. There are glimpses of a mighty God in a dark night. There are answered prayers. There is a marriage that was founded on Jesus so when the storms come, it isn't blown away.
Thank you for following our lives through our blog. I just wanted you to know that our life is not always a pretty picture.
If you don't know Christ as your savior or if you have questions about your relationship with God, PLEASE email me (tsblackiston@comcast.net). I will pray for you and tell you all I know about the greatest love story ever written...
Jesus dying on the cross because of His love for YOU.
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
John 15:13

3 comments:

Jaime said...

I just have to say I love reading your blog! You keep it real and it's inspiring. Thank you for sharing your family moments with us!

And I am sorry to hear about your losses. I am glad you are well grounded in Christ. :)

PS My son was just baptized this past Sunday. It's incredible to see how God works, even in the littlest ones lives.

Diana Simpson said...

girl I love you and pray for you often! thanks for reminding us of what is really important.
dd

Keri said...

Steph, I've been reading your blog for a while and love the way you communicate your love and dedication to the Lord and to your family. I've known Tim for a long time and am so thrilled that God brought you two together. Your family is beautiful. Thanks for sharing about your losses and your struggles. You are a picture of honesty and sincerity in your desire to please God. Thanks for sharing all you do. :)
Keri Young