Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Don't leave without your treasure...

"I will give you treasures of darkness,
riches stored in secret places,
so that you may know that I am the Lord,
the God of Israel, who summons you by name."
Isaiah 45:3
Last weekend, I went to New York to see my doctor that I still see on occasion. It was very difficult to leave my family to go there all by myself. I got in at 1:00 am, got a rental car and went to sleep in a room all by myself. For the next 3 days, I was alone. I am never alone. I don't like to be alone. It didn't take long for me to realize that I wasn't alone. God was calling my name to come into His presence. He not only showed me this verse but many others that I will never forget. I spent the next 3 days amazed by His riches.
I don't like it that I still have to see a doctor in New York or that I still have bad headaches. But what is so cool is that God met me in that room and spoke to me loud and clear from His Word showing me treasures of darkness and riches in secret places.
How often when we are in a trial or painful situation do we purely focus on GETTING OUT? Where is the door to get out out of here? I want out of this mess NOW. That is my response, anyway. I realized this weekend that, in those times, we are surrounded by riches and treasures.
Don't be so focused on the door that you don't see you are standing in a room full of beauty.
Our culture offers lots of escapes that are very tempting to numb pain or shorten our suffering, but be so careful not to take a short-cut. You would miss so much.
OF COURSE we all want pain to stop or bad circumstances to change but here is our hope...
God will give us treasures of darkness and riches stored in secret places!
Don't miss what God wants to do in your darkness or in your secret place where no one else can go except you and God. That is where He promises riches and treasures.
Don't get me wrong, I am not saying don't pray for God to deliver you. DO!! CRY OUT TO HIM.
I know I do.
I am just saying don't miss the treasures of darkness or riches stored in secret places while you are there. You have an opportunity that is unique. Seize it. Get in the Word. Ask God to show you treasures of darkness and the riches He has for you.
Notice, the last part of the verse...
"... so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel who summons you by name."
Isaiah 45:3
He desires time with YOU to show you amazing treasures. He calls YOU by name.
Get your treasure. You get to take it with you for the rest of your life.
And, while you are receiving His gifts, rest in this promise...
"I will go before you and will level the mountains."
Isaiah 45:2
Be blessed.
Steph

2 comments:

Jill said...

Oh thankyou for sharing your treasures with me. I know in some times of darkness I have gathered riches that have become a part of me even today. Your quiet weekend in New York screamed to me here in Florida. I hope your headaches lessened.

Keri said...

Thanks for that, Steph. What an amazing verse. So applicable to me right now... Thanks for sharing. :)