Monday, August 24, 2009

Dollywood

Here we are at the OB getting ready to find out the sex of the baby. I KNEW it was a girl because I had been so sick and I was never sick with the boys but I have had lots of surprises so I was still nervous. I would have been excited to have a 4th boy because I feel like I know what I am doing with boys now. So, either way.. I was just so grateful to be sitting on that table. It all still seems like a dream. I cannot tell you how thankful I am to the Lord for all He has given me.

My OB is the coolest OB in the world. He is so great! He feels like family to me since I have been in there so much during the last 6 years. He makes me feel like I am his favorite patient. I am sure they all feel like that. I love going into his office. I would go every day if they would let me.

Pause my music to watch a video of Tim, me and 2 goofballs waiting to see the doctor. Oh, this sweet little girl has no idea the world she is coming into. LOL.

I called my friend, Diana Simpson (the photographer) on my way home from the appointment and said, "Diana, I need your help". She said, I can be there in a few minutes." She is awesome. We brainstormed on props for about 2 minutes and she said, "ice cream!", I said, "yes, perfect! I know exactly what to do!!!". So, we threw that together in a matter of minutes. I had no idea how many people would see those pictures or how it would circulate through facebook or I am sure I would have been too nervous to do it.
I had a ball revealing the sex to so many sweet, excited people. Thank you for celebrating with us!!!
What am I going to do when I find out I am having a girl? GO TO DOLLYWOOD!
Just kidding. We have had this trip planned a while now. We rented a fabulous 5 bedroom cabin with friends and had one our most memorable trips ever.



























Tim and the boys had fun at Dollywood. It is a theme park named after Dolly Parton in the Smoky Mountains. It is REALLY fun.
Cool rides for all ages, funnel cakes, shows, etc. Tim got a crazy look in his eye when he saw the bumper cars. It was frightening to watch. Although, it wasn't much different than how he drives us to Church on Sunday.









































































A little nervous on his first ride...
This picture cracks me up.
Verdict: HE LOVED IT!! He kept shouting,
"Again, Again!!".















That is Play-Do stuck in the bottom of his shoes. One of these days when I have nothing else to do, I will pick it out.














































































































































































































































































































































When, at first you don't succeed, TRY, TRY again!!




















All the grandchildren ADORE my dad.











































































"Are you guys nuts? I am 2 years old and I CANNOT SWIM!"














































Reece DID NOT LOVE this ride... It is super fast and huge. He said, "I don't want to ride that again until I am 20!!!."
How about my MAD photography skills. This was not easy. They were moving FAST and I was far away.






































































































































































S'mores, anyone?




















David is roasting his marshmallow over the flames of his 2 year old's. Too cute.














































Lake took his bathing suit off and we lost it (I think someone took it). Oh well.






































































































































































"COLD!!"




















Tim and Brad... adrenaline junkies. Not me. Not anymore. I used to love things like this but after having 3 boys, I crave peace and calm. I have had enough adrenaline rushes. For example, "where is Lake? Has anybody seen him?? Lake!!!!", or "honey, his temperature is 105.4", or holding a lifeless child on the way to the ER, or "ahhh, Tim just fell through the attic", or "ahhh..Lake just found a can of paint and painted his whole body- he is allergic to the paint!", etc... I do not need any more excitement than I already have. My idea of fun most days would be to go into a hotel room all by myself and stare at the wall for 2 hours in dead silence.
However, Tim still loves a good rush of excitement...































































































































































My life has somehow gotten wildly out-of-control in the last month. I am not sure if it is because I am horribly unorganized/inefficient or if it is that homeschool is back in full swing, or that Lake is crazily high maintenance these days. Maybe it is all the construction in my house and that our house is constantly full of workers. I don't know but I can barely return phone calls or emails without the wheels falling off the wagon.
But, my life is blessed and FUN. I am feeling better than I have in YEARS. Praise the Lord. It doesn't mean I am out of the woods but I have definitely learned to live each day to the fullest! Can you tell?
God is good. In the valleys and on the mountains. He is Good.
I believe that when you have experienced the deepest of darkness, you have a greater capacity to experience JOY.
"We were filled with laughter, and we sang for joy...
What amazing things the LORD has done"
Psalm 126:2

6 comments:

Trinity said...

So glad you are feeling better!

Angela said...

Those pics are amazing, your family is amazing, YOU are amazing, and God is the amazing One who holds it all together. Love ya, girl!!

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

I love Gatlinburg! We went to Dollywood on fall break last year and had a ball. It's such a great family place.
Glad you are feeling better.
Traci

Erin Southwell said...

I feel so blessed that I found your new post tonight before going to bed. I LOVE that you took your camera to the doctor's office, I wouldn't have thought to do that and now I most definitely will!! I still cannot get over the pics of Lake on that ride! I am scared to death of rides-I don't even like carousels (lol), no adrenaline junkie here!

I felt like shouting a big AMEN! when I read that you are feeling so well right now. PRAISE GOD for all His goodness. And for awesome friendships! Love you Steph.

Mary T said...

Oh, I can tell. It's such a blessing to see. Love . . .

Anonymous said...

I am up in the middle of the night. My son who is 15 months old has a rare brain cancer. He is currently undergoing chemotherapy at St. Jude. Please pray for him.