Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

This is a "picture" of my mom. One out of my camera but one of her life as well.

She is gentle, she is kind, she is gracious, she is loving, she brings peace, she loves children... she especially loves babies.

The earliest memories I have of my mom are of her rocking me and singing Savior Like a Shepherd Lead Us. It is probably the most safe, most precious & perfect place I remember growing up and I still think of it as I rock my children. She said I was a sweet baby always smiling and happy. I was a horrible sleeper-- I don't believe in karma but sometimes you wonder ;). I was EASY to love then.

But, when I got to high school I was not easy to love. I was unkind, I lied, I rebelled, I was sneaky, I was difficult, I was selfish, I was disrespectful, I WAS TROUBLE.

I was HARD to love.

But some things never changed.

Her unconditional love for me.

Her prayers for me.

Her belief in God.

Her belief in me.

I am eternally grateful.

"God, please help me be more like my mom."
Steph

2 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What beautiful pictures!

Erin Southwell said...

Beautiful Steph, beautiful pictures and words. Hope is absolutely the most beautiful baby!!