Sunday, October 9, 2011

The One the Lord Loves

"Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him,
for he shields him all day long,
and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders."
Deut 33:12

*********************
"I am the eternal God, your Refuge. And underneath you are My everlasting arms.
My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.
So do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to Me. And My peace, which transcends understanding, will stand guard over your heart and your mind.
When you were in great need I saved you. Be at rest once more, My child, for I have been good to you. I have delivered your soul from death, your eyes from tears, your feet from stumbling so that you may walk before Me in the land of the living.
When the cords of death entangle you, when the anguish of the grave comes upon you, when you are overcome with trouble and sorrow, call upon My Name.
I will reach down from on high and take hold of you; I will draw you out of the deep waters. I will rescue you from your powerful enemy, from your foes who are too strong for you. Though they confront you in the day of your disaster, I will be your support. I will bring you into a spacious place; I will rescue you because I delight in you. I will quiet you with my love; I will rejoice over you with singing.
So, My loved one, rest secure in Me, for I will shield you all day long. You are the one I love; come rest between my shoulders."
Dt 33:12,27; Ps 18:16-19; 116;3,5,6-9; Zep 3:17; 2 Cor 12:9; Php 4:6-7

No comments: