Sunday, January 1, 2012

Conference Call Bible Study

"But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop."
Luke 8:15
I am so excited about this opportunity to study God's Word with all of you. Mellette, Jennie, and I have done these conference call Bible studies in the past and they are fantastic because they are so convenient!
Starting Sunday night (Jan 8), we will begin our adventure into the book of 1 Peter. We will begin memorizing and studying. Don't let the word "memorizing" scare you to death. YOU can do it! I got struck by lightning in high school and I think it fried part of my brain AND I have had 5 children and haven't slept in 8 1/2 years. If I can do it, you can do it! :) God will help you! Memorizing the Word of God has radically changed all 3 of our lives. It requires time, determination, and practice but it is more than worth any sacrifice. You will see LIFE spring up all around you as God's Word takes root in your heart. When I see Jesus face-to-face, I want to tell Him "I hid your Word in my heart!!" (Ps 119:11)
You will just need to print out 1 Peter chapter 1 in NIV and have your Bible handy. You can mute your phone and just listen if you want to. You don't have to talk (unless you want to!).
It doesn't matter where you are in your faith. This is for all of us. We ALL need Jesus. We ALL need His Word.
This is going to be a "BIBLE STUDY BOOT CAMP" to jump start our faith in 2012. We will be strengthening our spiritual muscles and growing together. God's Word WILL change your life. You will begin to have victory in areas you never have before. You will have wisdom. You will become more like Jesus.
We will be posting the phone number and pass code for the call as soon as we know it!
SUNDAY NIGHTS AT 9 pm!
"When you walk, their counsel will lead you.
When you sleep, they will protect you.
When you wake up, they will advise you.
For their command is a lamp
and their instruction a light;
their corrective discipline
is the way to LIFE."
Prov 6:22,23

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in! Can't wait!!!!!

b in va

Jaime Tyson said...

Nervous about so much memorization - but I think it's gonna be great!

Anonymous said...

Steph,

I am really excited about this! I have needed some encouragement and accountability in working on my scripture memorization. Thank you for your faithfulness! Looking forward to Sunday night!!

Kelli Owens