Thursday, October 10, 2013

"Imminent"


The last couple weeks have been LONG. When I found out I was dilated to 3 1/2 cm, I got so excited thinking baby was coming!! But weeks later, here I am... still waiting. This part ALWAYS reminds me of the return of Christ. 
When I first found out it was close, I packed my bag... made my hospital playlist, cleaned my house, etc. I was READY. Now, as time has gone by, I am tired. My house is a mess again. I had to unpack my bag to get stuff out of it.
I am wondering if it will ever happen.
Isn't that how we are about the return of Christ? The Bible tells us to be READY. To be watching. 
But, as time goes on, we get tired. We get lazy. Our "houses" get messy again. Our Bibles gather dust.
I used to get excited about every little contraction... wondering if it was TIME.
Now, I pretty much ignore them wondering if it will EVER happen. I have almost just "settled in" to being pregnant because it feels like I have been pregnant forever. 
(I had all 5 of my others at 38 weeks... I am almost full term now).
Yet, my baby is coming!!
And, so is Jesus!
May we not get tired of waiting, looking, and being ready!
His return is "IMMINENT".
(impending, close (at hand)(fast) approaching, near, coming, on the way,  in the pipeline, on the horizon, in the air, just around the corner, coming down the pike, expected,anticipated, brewing, looming).

"The great day of the Lord is near— near and coming quickly."
Zeph 1:14

 "I am coming soon!"
Rev 22:7

“And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work."
Rev 22:12



I believe with all my heart and according to the Lord's own Word (1 Thess 4:15-17)
that Jesus Christ could come back for us TONIGHT.

Why has He not come back for us yet?
The Word tells us...

"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. 
Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."
2 Peter 3:9

Because HE IS PATIENT!!!
We think we are waiting!
He is waiting... not wanting anyone to perish but everyone to come to repentance.

Is He waiting on you?
Believe.
Ask Jesus to forgive you and to make your heart His home!
Receive His grace.
Receive the life He offers.

"if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe 
in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."
Romans 10:9

He is coming back for His Church. 
The "contractions" are getting stronger.

"Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 
There will be earthquakes in various places, and famines. 
These are the beginning of birth pains."
Mark 13:8

When people see me, they say... "Are you ever gonna have that baby?".

It is funny because looking at me, you KNOW I am going to have a baby soon.
Looking at the news and the prophecies being fulfilled before our very eyes, we know Jesus is coming soon too yet people also mock the return of Christ. Don't listen to them!!! Keep your eyes on the clouds  and oil in your lamps. Knowing that God is the one WAITING. Waiting on people to come to Him and be saved.


"I want to remind you that in the last days scoffers will come, mocking the truth and following their own desires. They will say, “What happened to the promise that Jesus is coming again? From before the times of our ancestors, everything has remained the same since the world was first created...
And so, dear friends, while you are waiting for these things to happen, make every effort to be found living peaceful lives that are pure and blameless in his sight.
And remember, our Lord’s patience gives people time to be saved."
2 Peter 3

What are we to be doing while we wait?
Cleaning our "spiritual houses", packing our "bags" full with only what is ETERNAL, reading the Word, serving our brains out, obeying, living peaceful and holy lives, & staying BUSY with the things of God. 
May He find us faithful when He comes. 
May we know His Word.
May we know the signs of the times we are living in.
May we be lights in a very dark world.
May we be sharing the Good News that through Jesus ANYONE may be brought back to God.
********************

We had a spur-of-the-moment birthday party for Crew after a long night of football practice, soccer practice, and cheerleading practice.
It was perfect. He loves balls and he loves ducks so that was the theme.
My sister and 3 of her kids were here so we had 8 kids. (Big families mean built-in parties).
It was perfect.
I got him a bunch of rubber ducks, a new basketball, a new football, and his first lego set.
He loved them ALL.
We set up the baby pool in the back yard so he could send the ducks down the slide.
He loved it.
I LOVE HIM!! He has been the sweetest baby.
I get a little sad thinking he won't be my baby much longer but knowing the friendship he is going to have with his brother... he will love it. My boys are all so close. I am so grateful God has given us a 5th boy to join the club!!!
I used to dream of having a baby in October.
Now, I will have 2...hopefully on the same day!!!

I wish I could give you the details about my delivery because I know them but I can't for 2 reasons.
1. There are not-so-nice people out there. I learned that the hard way. So, I don't like to share as much personal information as I used to.
(Live and learn... and get blogging street smartz.)
2. I am going to try to do this without an epidural so I don't want anyone to come to the hospital and hear me screaming my head off.
(we'll see how this goes...)
Here are some pics from Crew's party.


I. LOVE. HIM. SO. MUCH.











"Someone" was not happy that "people" kept taking her pink ducks I let her get for the party.














The next post will have our new baby!!!

Be Blessed~
Steph

"He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” 
Amen. 
Even so, come, Lord Jesus!"
Rev 22:20

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

baby will come, all babies do, with help, or without it. God's got this and I know you know. Having had several babies past 40 weeks, I know the pain of waiting. . . and waiting. It is mentally a crazy game! :) You are a smart lady - blogging world does take street smartz. What you do and how you do it is only for you guys and your business - no one else's say.

Crew is a qt and birthday parties in big families are REAL PARTIES! ;)
look forward to "meeting" your new one.

lys

Becky said...

I've been away from blogging for a while, but yours is one that I never miss. Love your sweet family!

Count yourself lucky that you had your other five before you started counting UP. All four of my boys were overdue and those were the longest days of my LIFE!

Hopefully you'll have your little one very soon...heck, maybe you're in labor right now! Keep us posted!