Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Sweet thought...

Hey everybody, I am in New Jersey for an extra night because my doctor's appointment was so long that I missed my flight home. They were trying to figure why my lymph nodes were swelling so much. I think we have figured it out so that is a blessing. Anyway, as I was stuck in a hotel by myself I actually got spend a lot of time in the Bible and praying. That doesn't happen a lot at home these days so it was a real treat. I am reading the book of Philippians and praying that God can supernaturally give me joy in suffering and use this trial to further the gospel. That is not possible in my strength but God is completely able. I wanted to share a verse and a quote that were refreshing and challenging to me....

"Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you will become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and perverse generation, in which you SHINE LIKE STARS in the universe as you hold out the word of life-..."
Philippians 2:14-15
Begin at once; before you venture away from this quiet moment, ask your King to take you wholly into his service, and place all the hours of this day quite simply at his disposal, and ask him to make and keep you ready to do just exactly what he appoints. Never mind about tomorrow; one day at a time is enough. Try it today and see if it is not a day of strange, almost curious peace, so sweet that you will be only too thankful when tomorrow comes to ask him to take it also.
Francis Ridley Havergal (1836-1879)
Very Cool!

1 comment:

Diana Simpson said...

I am praying for you girl
dd