Sunday, June 15, 2008

Tim.

To my sweet husband....
Happy Birthday and Father's Day!!
I am not posting a picture because I am not home at the moment.
Tim, you are such a gift to me and the boys. We are so protected by your life of integrity and prayer. Because of you, we are covered by an "umbrella" of safety in this scary world. You are always where you say you are, doing exactly what you said you would be doing. You have safeguarded our marriage, me, and our boys by being such a man of character. You give us more than we could ever need or want. When I am away from you, everything is tilted. When you walk in the room, everything steadies. When I am emotional or unreasonable, you love me.
When I am not cute, you tell me I am. When our marriage is tested, you fight for it and make it even better. When I was sick, you put your hands on me at night and prayed over me as I fell asleep. When you see a need, you give. When you see a piece of trash on the ground, you pick it up. When you see one of your sons, you hug him, chase him or tickle him.
I wasn't born 35 years ago when you were but for some reason I think God was thinking about me that day too. God gave me a promise about you 3 years before we met ...He told me (through prayer) that He had a husband for me and he was right, I had no idea.
“No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love him”–
1 Corinthians 2:9
You have given me the fairytale... scratch that... He has given me the fairytale. You are just the knight in shining armor. I would marry you again every day. Thank you for loving Jesus with your life and for loving us.
Steph

No comments: