Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Joy In The Rain

My friend, Val, gave me this for my birthday. I love it!! It has so much meaning to me. This is a lesson I have been learning and it is not an easy one.
I love this quote so much because it is based on truth from scripture. It makes me think of these two verses that I love...
"Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy! I look to you for protection. I will hide beneath the shadow of your wings until this violent storm is past." Psalm 57:1
I am not saying Tim's broken arm is a 'disaster'. It is hard and he is pitiful but there are many storms that are worse than this. Yesterday was actually a really great day. It was STRANGELY great. Like when the boys each said, "We want to do our school work all by ourselves" and then DID it. That is a first. I was AMAZED at how obedient and joyful they were and knew that God's grace was covering us.
There is another verse I love to go along with that one because it gives you a close-up view of what is happening under those protective wings...
"I think how much you have helped me; I SING FOR JOY in the shadow of your protecting wings."
Psalm 63:7






















































































































































































































Please continue to pray for Tim's arm to heal if you think of it. He is going NUTS because he can't do anything. This is SO hard on him.
******
Be blessed and know that you can SING for joy in the shadow of God's protective wings while the storm is passing in your life!
Steph

7 comments:

The Bontekoes said...

Blessings dear girl!! NOT easy days I know. Do you need help getting Reece to basketball practice tonight? Steve is taking Gerrit and will stay all practice with him. Let me know if we can help.

Julie said...

Love your gift - that saying is beautiful!!! And the pictures of your boys are so cute. I love bath time shots with bubbles!!! I've got to update my blog...and take some more black and whites!

Erin Southwell said...

Wow, I really needed that today. Thank you, Steph.

Erin Southwell said...

P.S. I emailed you something I thought you would like to read today, it was large and probably went to your spam folder, if your filter is anything like mine!

Mama Fish said...

Now you see that Steph? Your photos actually convicted me to allow my children to find joy in the rain! I actually hope it rains a bit tomorrow morning, because I want them to get in their old clothes and go out and run around in the rain... and take umbrellas and do their goofy song and dance. (naturally "Singing in the Rain!")

You and your kids just made some more memories! Good ones too!

amanda said...

I LOVE that you let your kids play in the rain. What a cool mom. Know that we are praying for you.

Stacy said...

I love your blog. I love that you are so real and honest about your joys and struggles. And, can I just say, you have the most beautiful family EVER...except for mine, of course. :-)

I will be praying for Tim's arm to heal quickly and for the grace of God to strengthen you during this time.