Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Meet my 2 new friends and Help me design the Boys' Room






























Thank you for asking how I am doing these days. I am 2 1/2 wks off of antibiotics and doing good! You have no idea what a victory that is!! Praise God.
I am not doing so good with the raw diet. I really need more self-control! I fell off the raw wagon HARD! I am always starting over... every day. I did good for a week and a half... and then I got HUNGRY! But, I am sticking with my homeopathic stuff and just trusting in the Lord!

We had Prayer on the Porch last night and it blessed my socks off. I love praying for people and watching God do miracles. To Him be the Glory for the great things He does, right?!

I got to meet 2 famous people I respect so much last week! One was Rita Springer who sings "I have to Believe". I was asked to take pictures at the conference where she was playing. It was so cool to be able to tell her HOW MUCH her song has ministered to me. That song is POWER----FULL.
I also got to meet Shaun Groves! I never dreamed I would get to talk to him so I didn't take my camera. He played an amazing concert. I was touched and changed there. He talked about his trip to India (the one Angie Smith went on) and shared about how to sponsor children through Compassion. I was moved to tears by a picture of a little girl who was so impoverished all she could do was put 2 fingers in her mouth asking Shaun to help her--- FEED HER. Something happened in my heart when I saw her. I came home and spent the whole next day sorting through everything in my house, deciding what to sell. I am having a huge garage sale on Saturday and all the proceeds will go to Compassion or AAA Women's. I sent out an email and people are coming with truck loads donating things. I don't know if we will make $200 or $2000. We are also selling our VAN! Don't think I am super-spiritual though. We bought another used one. It was time. I struggled with this decision.. trying to decide if it was good stewardship or not but it was TIME.

I am trying so hard to change the way I live. To live simply and give MUCH. Seeing that sweet girl starving made me HATE all the STUFF in my house. Too much. She has nothing.
So.... I am rallying the troops!
If you live near me and want to throw some things in, let me know.

"At the present time your plenty will supply what they need..." 2 Cor 8:14

"For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich."
2 Cor 8:9

Shaun Groves is WAY cool. He left me a comment and talked about meeting us on his blog! How fun. Oh, to be famous... LOL. I thought I may have scared him because I talked so much. I am so bummed I didn't have my camera!
Go buy his CD. :)
So, anyway, God is so good. My Bible Study on Thursdays ROCKS. I love those girls so much and every week there are more. The Scripture memorization is the best part. We are memorizing Col 1:9-20. I feel like I can feel those words CHANGING me. The passage is floating through my head all day long and I have started praying it over my children.
God's Word=life, freedom, hope, joy, FUN!
******************************************************************
I am getting ready to move all 3 boys into the same room. I think it will be so great for them. It will be like camp every day of their life! I also don't want Lake to be left out. So, I have been trying to design their room. Here are some really cool bunk ideas I found. Tell me your favorite. My favorite is 2, or 4. Tim thinks he can maybe do this if it isn't too complicated!!! It may be a while because I am in no hurry to let my 2 yr old monkey out of the captivity of his crib. It is amazing he is still in there. He climbed out at 18 months but we spanked his little hand and he never did it again??? Go figure. He gives me about 20 panic attacks a day when I lose him. He opens the front door and leaves! I have always said that all 3 of my boys (when toddlers) had one mission- to bust out of this joint.
I need to be on nerve pills. If my door is not locked, Lake is gone.
Oh, good grief--- BOYS!?!?!?
My anxiety level finally levels out when they are all 3 sleeping.
I can't wait to see them sleeping in their new room!
This project will take a while.

1.




















2.





















3.





























4.


























5.

I don't think this one is a possibility cause it seems a little complicated to build but I love it!!! Great idea for anyone building a house but hard (and expensive) to add.




























6.
I just found this in my sink when I went to brush my teeth tonight. It actually doesn't shock me anymore. I would much prefer this over the giant fake python that is wrapped around my toilet in the morning.
I always thought I would have all girls.
This life God has given me never ceases to make me smile.

25 comments:

gillian said...

I like 3 and 4... Lake is going to LOVE being with his big brothers!!!

scrapnic72 said...

I really like the 2nd model with the center open space...I think it beckons kids to play there, and that space could become so many things.....a pirate ship, a frontier cabin, play jail for one's prisoners/brothers, a fort lookout.....what fun! I think I would like beds like that as an adult!

Nicole

Jaime said...

Oooh! They are all fun and innovative designs! But I think I like 2&4 best. Mainly the storage in 4 just seems so fun and functional! :)

Can't wait to see how you design and bring it all together for your sweet boys!

Carrie said...

Oh my, they will have so much fun and memories! How exciting! I think, if I had to pick only one, I like #2. I like the open space in the middle too, but the last one looks really comfy, too! Good luck, I know whatever you choose, it's going to look awesome!

Mama Fish said...

I like photo #2 the best! actually I just love it!

LeslieTummel said...

I like 4 because of the storage. I'm always the boring, practical one! :) You'll have to post pics when it's all done!

Unknown said...

I like 4 because of the storage too. I like 6 also. You must post pics when you are done. I'm going to be redoing Sydney's room soon too, but not in a hurry since she is still in a crib and doesn't climb out yet.
Selena

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

I like 2 and 6. But they will love it any way you do it! I have four boys, so I split them up 2 and 2, but I have always thought it would be fun to put all four in one huge room. I also think it helps hold them accountable when they get older! Can't get away with much when you share a room with three other people! :)
Have fun planning!
Traci

Amy said...

What fun for your boys! I like #4!

Noah's Mommy said...

I think 2 or 4. Really Cute

Erin Southwell said...

How fun, I loved that you copied me on that email to Tim :) Did you get my email last night with all the bunks I sent you??

I think it depends on what style you are going for. Number 2 is very modern to me. Number 3-did you notice the beds are suspended from the ceiling? That's a very cool look (although again the actual BEDS are pretty modern) but I think you might need extra supports on your ceiling. I love No. 4, I love the nautical nature and the storage. You could do something much more fun with the ladder. :)

HennHouse said...

I like number 2.

Meredith said...

I love 1 & 2. Good luck!

Adrienne said...

#2 and #6. I LOVE #5, but I guess that would have to be somewhat built into the house. So fun!

Erin Southwell said...

We have a little girl in India through Compassion. We started sponsoring her when Angie introduced the Sundays to Compassion. It has been an amazing experience so far-the other day we got a letter in the mail from her with all of these little drawings. I was having a crummy day-and there in the mail from half way across the world from someone who has probably suffered like I can't even begin to imagine, was this happy little drawings of a kitty cat. I felt like God (lovingly) slapped me up the backside of the head. Like you said, it rocked my socks off.

I saw your blog comment from Shaun Groves and wasn't sure if that was the REAL Shaun Groves! :) How awesome!!!!

Leah said...

I like 1,2 or 4,, I like how they all have an extra bed for friends to sleep over:) Maybe there is someway you could add 2 trundle beds, that way each boy could have a friend over... obviously you have a while for Lake to have a slumber pal:)

AngelWalker said...

Sorry Stephanie, but my favorite is #1. But, they are ALL cute and creative.

Angel

Angela said...

Okay, LOOOOVE that Rita Springer song. Dude, she totally tore it up on Saturday. I need to get that CD from Kelly.

Seriously? Shaun Groves? Wowsa! Awesome.

I like option #2 the best b/c of that space in the middle, but honestly, any of them will rock your boys' world. Leave Lakie in his crib as long as he'll stay!!!

AG said...

Wow, I really like that song!

I like #1, but I think it's the color that I like. White and boys just doesn't seem to go together :)

You should just take all the furniture out and put three little tents & sleeping bags in there. They would love it! :)

Prayer on the porch was powerful last night. I loved meeting Jim & Amy. I need to call and tell you what happened with Whitney's husband. God is SO at work!! I'm loving it!! So cool to pray for something and watch The Lord do it the next day. :)

Anonymous said...

I like the first one. And if you go with the red, white, and blue, I can hook you up with lots of Americana:-) I'm very patriotic!

maryanne420 said...

hi stephanie,

long time no blog for me, but i'm keeping up with yours. i love #4, looks so serene, great for inducing sleep for the boys.

btw, how old were your 2 older boys when you roomed them together? i'm thinking of doing that with my 2 boys but i'm afraid that lucas might be too young since he's only 15 months and lj is 3 1/2.

i'm so encouraged that you're totally relying on God's healing power to heal you. your faith and love for god are so amazing and inspiring!

MarthaYvette said...

I like 2 but 4 because of the storage also :). that picture of the sink cracks me up....

Stacy said...

I'm voting for number 1 or 2!

HIS Child said...

Miss our study so much!!!! I am partial to #1. I love the colors and your boys will be blessed with any option as they will be all together. God bless you sweet women.

Love ya,
Celeste

Unknown said...

HEy Steph! My fav is #1..everyone has different taste! Good luck..:)
Too funny with the lizard in the sink. I was just like you..I just knew I would have at least one girl! Even thought I was pregnant with girls both time...wrong! God knows more than we do with what we need in our life! Yep, we needed those little boys..:)
Great post..Glad you are doing better!