Saturday, July 24, 2010

His Proposal

Hey out there! I have been hard at work preparing for the weekend conference for juniors and seniors in high school and college age girls. After much prayer for direction, God led me to a verse I wasn't expecting...
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
John 3:16
Ever read that one before? LOL. I am sure most of you know it. I thought I knew it until I started studying it. This one verse I have had memorized since a child is unlocking deep and hidden treasures about the love of God. I thought I understood the love of God. I WAS WRONG.
The other morning, I was up at 5 am studying. That is the most peaceful time in my house and about the only time I can think straight. As I read and studied this verse for a couple of hours meditating on what I had learned, I just broke. I began to weep and weep and weep as the truth of God's love was so overwhelming. God is using this preparation time in such an awesome way in my life. I am not the same since taking on this little verse.
I have read books on this verse, met with Greek scholars to help me understand the original language and the verb tenses and word pictures. The Greek language paints pictures in such beautiful vivid detail unlike English.
The more I study, the deeper I fall in love with God because of His great love toward me.
I have also been reading books on sex and marriage as fast as I can.
God is leading me more specifically than I have ever been led as I cry out to Him for help in communicating to the girls what He wants them to know.
He has laid it on my heart to act out the gospel in a drama. I have NEVER done anything like this before but know that if God is in it, He will equip me to do it.
The worship band is amazing. I am so humbled that such talented people have come along side us in reaching these girls with God's love. Tim is playing the guitar. We have 3 vocalists, a drummer, bass player, 2 guitarists, and a piano player. They are meeting together weekly to practice.
Here is the schedule as of now. It is constantly being updated but I wanted to pass it along to you so you could pass it along to any girl you know that needs to know how much God loves her.
Friday Night
Worship Band
Testimonies: Steph, Mellette, Tiffany, Lisa
Steph teaching on "The Greatest Love Story Ever Told: John 3:16"
Drama
Worship Band
Coffee/ Dessert
Saturday
Worship Band
Lisa teaching on "The Secrets of an Ancient Jewish Wedding"
Mellette teaching on "How do I live While I Wait?"
Worship
Lunch
Steph teaching on "Being Dearly Loved" Eph 5:1-3
Journal Time/ Counseling
Panel of cute godly guys to answer questions about marriage, sex, and dating
Steph and Lisa teaching on "Falling in Love with the Word of God"
Communion
Worship
This is going to be an awesome event. Please help me get the Word out to the girls who need it most. I am asking God to fill 200 seats. I don't care how many He brings. I just want to reach as many girls as possible so they can experience the amazing life God desires to give them.
Also, please pray as we prepare. As you can imagine, there is going to be a battle during the next month to stop this.
‎"My beloved speaks and says to me:"Arise, my love, my beautiful one, and come away"
Song of Solomon 2:10
His Proposal 2010
Be There.
Currently, there are girls coming from California, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Tennessee. Don't be stopped by distance if you want to come.
RSVP on facebook HERE.
To read about the last one I did in December, click HERE.

3 comments:

Keri said...

Steph, this sounds great! I'm so thankful you are working on it and doing it. I wondered, though, what ages are you targeting? Is it mainly for college and up or would middle/high school girls benefit, as well? Just wondering...

Erica said...

This is great! I've been a reader of yours for about a year and God is always using it. I love your heart and pursuit of God's will in this conference. I became a believer at the age of 21, while in a relationship that was not aligned with God's ways. I would have loved this opportunity. Praying God gives you the energy to sustain the work you are doing, to guide you, to lead the girls who need to attend, and to blow their minds. He is awesome and so faithful. God restored my years the locusts ate, and He will be faithful to those who seek Him. Thank you for being as willing as Esther to be apart of what God is calling you to do. You do have a choice and you are choosing to follow His call. May He richly bless you.

Anonymous said...

A thousand "Amens" to all God is doing through you -- beautiful.