Thursday, January 5, 2012

Life is Beautiful.

I had an unusual second to sit down and write. I wish I did it more often because my blog is my journal. Time is flying by so fast and I want to document it as much as I can!
I am having a good day today. The lady who comes and helps me with my laundry came. She is a gift to me from heaven. She comes 2 mornings a week. I don't know what I would do without her. I thank her 1,000 times while she is here.
The guy who sprays for bugs came today. We got to have an impromptu Bible Study while he and I were watching ants walk across the hardwoods trying to figure out where they are coming from. While we were studying them and watching them, I said "The Bible talks about this very thing! Hang on, I'll be right back." So I rushed to get my Bible and found the verses I was thinking of...
“Four things on earth are small,
yet they are extremely wise:
Ants are creatures of little strength,
yet they store up their food in the summer;"
Prov 30:24,25
So then he started telling me all the crazy cool things he has seen ants do. How they carry huge loads and store up food.
We were about to high five about how cool ants are when I think he started to think I was weird. But, I know he likes me in a "she's-kind-of-weird" way.
So, that was fun.
I liked having Bible Study with the Cook's pest control man.
God's Word is ALIVE!
:)
*****************
I have started running while Tim is home for lunch. I am going a little farther every day. It feels amazing. After being pregnant for so long, I love being able to run again. I am running my first 5K race at the end of Feb.
I have decided that I have come up with a new sport:
Wogging.
 It is dangerous.
Wogging is jogging and worshiping at the same time without killing yourself.
 Try running with your arms held high and not falling down. It takes the perfect combination of practice, skill, and luck!
The old school worship song Crown Him With Many Crowns by Michael W Smith helps me up the hills. I must look like a NUT to people but I don't care. Some time I really understand why the Word says we are "strangers in the world"!  
It is my worship time alone and I get into it. Always keeping my eyes on the clouds! ;)
"My lips will shout for joy
when I sing praise to you—
I, whom you have redeemed."
Ps 71:23
************
We are finally falling back into a routine. I am so proud of my 2 older boys. When Crew got RSV, I had to make a strategic homeschool move and buy the Abeka DVDs. I lost control because I held Crew for 2 weeks straight. I still teach the boys Bible every day which is my passion and I sit in there with them to tutor them with anything they need help with. It is such a blessing. I am also able to spend time with the 3 younger ones and keep up with my housework. The DVDs are expensive but they are worth it and I am so so thankful for them. And, because my boys are both doing 4th grade, I only have to buy one grade. I am hoping to graduate them together. How cool that they have each other to do life with. Sometimes I get jealous of them when we are putting them in their bunks at night. I wish I would have had a bunk room full of my best friends to grow up with!
The conference call Bible Study starts this Sunday! 1 Peter is taking over my LIFE and I love it. I am memorizing, meditating, and studying as much as I can. I can't believe we have 300 girls in the facebook group (GOOD SOIL GIRLS). I know ministry isn't about numbers but I want to share God's Word with as many women as will listen because it will transform their lives like it did/does mine!
I am also burdened to teach as many women as I can to study the Word for themselves so they will truly know it and not think they need someone else to teach it to them! There are so many false teachers out there and if we don't know God's Word, we won't see their whiskers sticking out of the sheep costume.
Would love for you to dive into 1 Peter with us for the next 3-4 months! I can't wait to learn and grow!
God's Word is our light in this very dark world.
Well, I gotta go jump in the shower! I have a date tonight... with my prince.
Grace and Peace be yours in abundance!!!
Steph

2 comments:

VIC said...

Hm. I think someone (Tim) needs to record this "wogging" that you speak of. I'm sure it could go viral in days...a new ministry :) Seriously, Steph...you're awesome. I may need to call you sometime in the next year (you know, during your "free" time) to talk about home schooling. I'm not sure, but it is something we are praying about. This past year was a rough one for me in almost every way. I am thankful for your study starting Sunday. It's just the jump start I need to get back into the Word, and lighting up my relationship with God. Praying for you as you prepare! Love, Vic

Jaime Tyson said...

I am also thankful you had a minute to write! Your blog is always like having an extra devotional for me :)