Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A Kingdom That Cannot Be Shaken

"Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our "God is a consuming fire." 
Heb 12:28,29

I haven't written on my blog in a long time! I have been so busy with ministry and mothering. I just don't have time like I used to. I used to write during "nap time". Well, there is no "nap time" anymore. While the little ones are napping, I am teaching the older ones the Word. 

 I had the awesome opportunity to speak at another His Proposal girl's conference. God moved mightily. I saw the dead raised to life. Girls giving their lives to Jesus and being fanned into flame by His Spirit. I just watched in awe and hid it all in my heart. I love teaching younger girls. The team that came together to pull this off this year was amazing. We prepared the horse, alright!! 

"The horse is prepared for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the Lord." Prov 21:31



"These older women must train the younger women to love their husbands and their children,  to live wisely and be pure, to work in their homes, to do good, and to be submissive to their husbands. Then they will not bring shame on the word of God."
Titus 2:4,5




 Teaching John 3:16 never gets old!


We did the drama again this year. 
God pulled it off by His power!! 
Tim is such a picture of Jesus to me. 
This drama tells a story that I am not unfamiliar with. Thankful God gave me this drama to bring the Word to life for the girls.
Click HERE if you want to watch it.

 I asked God for a husband who I could serve Him with and who could play the guitar. He is exceedingly and abundantly more than I ever dreamed.
"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think..."
Eph 3:20



 Got to see 2 of my BFFs Jennie and Mellette. Jennie brought Carlisle to stay with us. What a treat!















 After an exhausting effort of serving God, I collapsed at the finish line. That is how Jesus gave. That is how we should give. ALL WE'VE GOT. We headed to the beach to rest and recover. Lake developed a cough while we were there and Crew got an ear infection. We had to rush home with Lake attached to his nebulizer in the car. His asthma is so scary. We have to be near help. I doubt we will be going out of town again for a long, long time. Our condo is on the market again.  I don't have peace unless I am near a Children's Hospital. I pray God heals Him every day. Until then, I have to protect and care for him and it is a JOY. I love Him so much.




Crew turned one Oct 12. He is my little dreamboat baby. Tim calls him "snowflake" because he is so blonde. He loves balls. He loves me. He is simple. Boys are simple. Girls aren't. I am at a loss about how to raise a girl.



So, last night I watched in shock and disbelief as President Obama was re-elected to another term in the White House.  I seriously feel like I am watching an unrealistic end times video (like the ones I watched in high school and laughed at because they were so unrealistic).
Well, this isn't funny. It is reality and it is scary. 
The children and I will continue to pray for him as we have the last 4 years. 
There are a couple things that are comforting to me right now.

1. That God chose the EXACT times and places that we should live so that we could reach out and find him.

"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands.  And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else.  From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live.  God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us." Acts 17

I keep telling the boys, "You are one of His BEST soldiers because He CHOSE that you should be born to fight in the last battles. I truly believe this. I believe Jesus Christ is coming back for His Bride at any moment. He is allowing the heat to get turned up so that MEN WOULD REACH OUT TO HIM AND FIND HIM. We just don't normally do that when we are comfortable. 
I think our nation is spiraling into moral abyss. I think there is a dark cloud on the horizon and it isn't "Sandy". It is a much worse storm. 
I am watching truth being swallowed up by lies. Our country has had free access to the truth of the Word of God for hundreds of years yet we have ignored and neglected it. Now, we are going to have to search for it like hidden treasure. He chose you to be a warrior in the final battles and the enemy is doing everything He can to get us to drop our swords.

"I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word." Psalm 119:16
I CRAVE the pure Word. Sheep are sick and they don't know why. It is because they are drinking dirty water.
The fish are dying in polluted water.
Swords are dull.
"Is it not enough for you to feed on the good pasture? Must you also trample the rest of your pasture with your feet? Is it not enough for you to drink clear water? Must you also muddy the rest with your feet? Must my flock feed on what you have trampled and drink what you have muddied with your feet?"
Ezekiel 34:18,19

I don't want to read books about the Word. I don't really care about the latest books or who the latest mega-pastor is. I don't need the Gospel Coalition's millions of blog posts to help me understand the Word. Not because I am spiritually prideful but because that doesn't quench my thirst and I won't grow if my diet consists of spiritual "junk food"! Youthink you are being nourished but you aren't. 
(think of a diet of candy corn)

"For my people have done two evil things: They have abandoned ME— the fountain of living water. And they have dug for themselves cracked cisterns that can hold no water at all!"
Jer 2:13

We have unknowingly abandoned Jesus (the fountain of living water) for cracked cisterns that can hold no water. We are allowing ourselves to be taught by things of the world instead of God Himself. 
I was tricked by this for a long time. Riding the waves of every wind of doctrine that blew in and out of the Church. 
"Then we will no longer be immature like children. We won't be tossed and blown about by every wind of new teaching. We will not be influenced when people try to trick us with lies so clever they sound like the truth."
Eph 4:14

don't want water that men have muddied with their stinky and dirty feet. I want crystal clear water that flows from the temple. Nor do I want the bazillions of books that are being cranked out to believers. They are distracting us from being in the Word. As always, I challenge you to get away from anything except the pure Word and taste the difference. 
Dirty foot water compared to Crystal clean water.
Just try it as a personal science experiment. Once you drink clean crystal clear water, you won't go back. 
"Then the angel showed me a river with the water of life, clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb." Rev 22:1

"Like newborn babies, you must crave pure spiritual milk so that you will grow into a full experience of salvation. Cry out for this nourishment,"
1 Peter 2:2
Jesus wants to meet with YOU. You no longer need a mediator! He will teach you. He will be your Rabbi. His good Spirit will guide you into all truth!
"But when HE, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth." 
John 16:13

"I have not departed from your laws, for YOU YOURSELF have taught me."
Ps 119:102

"As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him."
1 John 2:27
You know there is A LOT of money being made off the Church by selling books and DVDs. If these items are leading sheep astray and millions of dollars are being made off of Christ's Bride, it makes me think of when He got His whip out...
"In the temple courts he found men selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money.  So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.  To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father’s house into a market!”
John 2:14-16
God has put a burning fire in my bones to teach and share the pure Word. Every Sunday night at 9pm, we are going through the book of John. Just using the Word. We would LOVE for you to join us.
Click HERE for more info. We are teaching women how to study the Bible for themselves. There is an AWESOME teaching on there about HOW TO STUDY YOUR BIBLE 101. You can listen to it on the website.

God's Word is your sword. It has POWER to help you walk in victory in these dark days. Books, blogs, on-line sermons do not contain this type of power. 
Tim and I are hoping God will use us to teach His Word in effort to transform WHOLE families. We are resting and praying and asking God how He can use us to strengthen families with the Word. 
But, know that God has intentionally placed you in these dark days because Jesus desires to live His life through you. You don't live your life through Him. He lives His life through you!! 
And greater is He Who is in US than he who is in the world. :)
The harvest is RIPE and it is NOW. Open your eyes and yolk yourself to the Harvester, Jesus Christ...
"You know the saying, ‘Four months between planting and harvest.’ But I say, wake up 

and look around. The fields are already ripe for harvest.  The harvesters are paid good 

wages, and the fruit they harvest is people brought to eternal life. What joy awaits 

both the planter and the harvester alike!"
 John 4

"Love the Lord, all you godly ones!

For the Lord protects those who are loyal to him...

So be strong and courageous,

all you who put your hope in the Lord!"

Ps 31:23,24

2. God is MERCIFUL. 
Does our country deserve the judgment and wrath of God? YES. Our country is in full throttle rebellion against God. We are taunting His anger by knowingly mocking His Son and His Word. I get nauseous just thinking about it.
Like little arrogant ants raising up their tiny fists to fight a human.
Yet, our God is slow to anger and full of compassion on all that He has made.
Look at God's heart toward Nineveh. Remember how much trouble Jonah got in for not wanting God to show mercy? Yes, we are saddened by this level of rebellion yet our God is merciful not wanting ANY to perish. Even the little tiny prideful ants who are flaunting their sin in God's face. God purposely sent Jonah into the MIDDLE of Nineveh to be a voice! To be an evangelist! To be an ambassador! THAT is what He is doing with us. As much as we want to take the next boat to Tarshish, that isn't God's best. We need to head directly into Nineveh with the only message that can save them. We have got to get our eyes off of ourselves and onto the lost. That is the heart of our God.

"Jonah obeyed the word of the LORD and went to Nineveh. Now Nineveh was a very important city—a visit required three days.  On the first day, Jonah started into the city. He proclaimed: “Forty more days and Nineveh will be overturned.” The Ninevites believed God. They declared a fast, and all of them, from the greatest to the least, put on sackcloth.
 When the news reached the king of Nineveh, he rose from his throne, took off his royal robes, covered himself with sackcloth and sat down in the dust.  Then he issued a proclamation in Nineveh:
“By the decree of the king and his nobles:
Do not let any man or beast, herd or flock, taste anything; do not let them eat or drink.  But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth. Let everyone call urgently on God. Let them give up their evil ways and their violence.  Who knows? God may yet relent and with compassion turn from his fierce anger so that we will not perish.”
 When God saw what they did and how they turned from their evil ways, he had compassion and did not bring upon them the destruction he had threatened."
Jonah 3
My flesh wants to RUN from Nineveh. Yet God is directing me straight toward the lost.
"For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost"
Luke 19:10
It wasn't too late for Nineveh and it isn't too late for America. Yet, we need to be a voice and not head toward Tarshish out of fear.
Don't SHRINK BACK, BELIEVER.

"But we are not of those who shrink back"
Hebrews 10:39

And what about Sodom? God was merciful then too...
"And the Lord replied, “If I find fifty righteous people in Sodom, I will spare the entire city for their sake....Finally, Abraham said, “Lord, please don’t be angry with me if I speak one more time. Suppose only ten are found there?”
And the Lord replied, “Then I will not destroy it for the sake of the ten.” 
Gen 18:32

So, what do we do? How do we respond? 
We seek God with all of our hearts, with all of our MINDS, and with all of our souls. We teach our children the WORD. They will never survive these days if they don't have God's Word hidden in their hearts.

Right now, my main goals are to...
Seek God, Please my husband, teach my children, share the gospel, teach younger women, and hold out the pure Word in a crooked and depraved generation.
Everyday we pray that our family will shine like stars in the universe as we hold out the Word of LIFE in a crooked and depraved generation. As I watch my grandfather's generation (and Billy Graham's) getting close to death, I am reminded that their generation is leaving us here to take the torch. Our generation is much more wicked than theirs was.

How am I taking the torch?
 We start our days by reading His Word. At 8:30 we have a praise party on our living room rug dancing and singing our favorite worship songs (Toby Mac is good to get you going at 8:30 am and then our favorite... SEEDS WORSHIP and I like to throw in some hymns by Bart Millard).
In the afternoons, we SOAK in the Word asking God to teach it to us.
Ask Creator God to give you creativity to teach your children His Word and bring it to life. He will!! He is ELOHIM. He loves to let us share in His creativity.

So, believer, be encouraged. God has chosen you for such a time as this. Jesus is coming back soon. Run your race hard. Give it your ALL. Teach your children. Love and submit to your husbands and let them lead you through the battles that are coming. Stay in your military marching ranks. Don't get ahead of your husbands. Pray for them to be strong, firm, and steadfast! (1 Peter 5:10)

There is also a conference call Bible Study for Men that our husbands are leading.
Details are HERE.

If you don't know Jesus Christ as your Savior, today is the day of salvation. A storm is coming and you have no weapons and no refuge.
Ask Him to forgive you and to COME INTO YOUR HEART. He will live His life through you. He will give you weapons and be your refuge.
You will become a vessel for His rivers of living water. They will satisfy you and flow into the lives of everyone around you. If you do not know Jesus Christ, you are powerless over the storm that is coming. Run to Him. Cling to Him for salvation and power.
Serve Him. He is worthy of our ALL.
He died so that we will never taste death.
"But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone."
Hebrews 2:9

No one can take the freedom that He offers to the world.
"So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." 
John 8:36

We are receiving a kingdom that canNOT be shaken.
So let's serve God acceptably with reverence and AWE.
For He truly is a consuming fire. 

We are in the final battles.
Praise God! 
Be Blessed~
Steph
><>

2 comments:

Kaysie said...

AMEN!!! Thank you for reminding us of the TRUTH and "stirring us up" to take action. (Hebrews 10:24)

"But the people who know their God shall stand firm and take action." (Daniel 11:32)

I don't want to waste my time, but redeem it -- while we have it.

Anonymous said...

AMEN! I soak up soooooo much from your Scripture-saturated posts, Stephanie. Thank you!!!

b in va