Monday, February 11, 2008

Huh? Are you kidding me?

Tim and I pulled into the parking lot of Fresh Market yesterday. He was driving- I was in the passenger seat. We parked in the parking space and Tim said, "Is this cop after me?". I turned around to see a lady cop with her lights on blocking us into our space. I thought maybe our license plate was expired or something. She comes to my window. I rolled it down and she gave me a ticket for not wearing a seat belt!! WHAT? HUH? Tim and I couldn't believe it. She said she wanted me to live long enough to see my kids grow up (who were amazed in the back seat). I guess I should have thanked her for saving my life. Who knows what could happen while you are pulling into a parking space. Thankfully, the ticket is only $10. Not worth my time to go to court and battle it out.
The moral of this story is
WEAR YOUR SEAT BELT WHEN PARKING.
Just kidding. I really need to wear my seatbelt more so I guess I am thankful.
I am thankful that Chattanooga is so low-crime that is all she had to do.

No comments: