Monday, February 18, 2008

The Psalms!!

"Show me your ways, O Lord,
teach me your paths;
guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Saviour,
and my hope is in you all day long.
Remember, O Lord, your great mercy and love,
for they are from of old.
Remember not the sins of my youth
and my rebellious ways;
according to your love remember me,
for you are good, O Lord...
May integrity and uprightness protect me,
because my hope is in you."
(Psalm 25)
Isn't it amazing that God can forget our sins and see us according to His love? I believe that is referring to His love made perfect by His Son, Jesus. If you have trusted in Christ (v.1), then God sees you as He sees His Son. Then we can have confidence to enter the THRONE ROOM of God - not because of anything we have done but according to His Love. How can we ever be thankful enough for God's love toward us?!?!
"Who is he, this King of Glory?
The Lord Almighty-
he is the King of glory."
(Psalm 24:10)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am in the middle of a family tragedy. You'll never know how much reading this on your blog at this exact moment means to me. It was exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you.

It never ceases to amaze me the unexpected ways God speaks to and comforts his children.