Thursday, March 13, 2008

Waiting Quietly & Pouring our hearts out to God

"My soul waits in silence for God only;
From Him is my salvation.
He only is my rock and my salvation,
My stronghold; I shall not be greatly shaken."
Waiting is not easy for me. I am very impatient. This verse speaks directly to my heart. How often do we try to fix our problems instead of waiting in silence on the Lord? Silence is not easy for me either. I have to communicate or I feel like I will explode. I am really trying to learn how to be silent more. How cool that we can just sit in silence before the Lord as we wait on His salvation.
He, only is our rock.
"Trust in Him at all times, O people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us."
Here is a verse that is another example of how we can come before the Lord. This is much easier for me. Can you believe that we can do this and that God cares about what we are pouring out to Him? He loves to hear our heart's cries and desires. There is a time for silence and there is a time for pouring out your heart. I want to be better at both approaches to the throne of God.
Psalm 62:1,2, &8

No comments: