Saturday, April 5, 2008

"Believe in Me as the Scripture has said..."

After watching the Oprah video and thinking more about it, one verse kept coming to my mind.... "Believe in Me as the Scripture has said."
A lot of people say that they believe in Jesus (as does Oprah)... but he is their own "made up Jesus", not Jesus as described in the Bible.
When Oprah says that it bothered her when the preacher said that God is a jealous God, THAT IS IN THE BIBLE!
"Do not worship any other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God."
Exodus 34:14
He is jealous because of His great love for us. What if God wasn't jealous? What if He didn't care where our heart's affections were? What if Tim wasn't jealous if he caught me making out with some other guy? That definitely wouldn't be good. Tim would be jealous because he is my husband who loves me.
Christ is my ultimate and eternal husband- the lover of my soul- I am thankful He is jealous.
I would much rather have a jealous God and a jealous husband. I am still not sure why that upset her.
God left us a Book that tells us Who God is and how to get to Him. Anything you believe outside of that is another gospel. What do you want to put your hope in,
your feelings or God's written word to us?
My pastor in Knoxville used to say that to recognize a counterfeit, they wouldn't study the counterfeit money, they would study the real thing. It is the same with false teachings. The more we know the Bible, the easier it is to spot a counterfeit.
" I gain understanding from your precepts;
therefore I hate every wrong path."
Psalm 119:104
***************************************
"On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me,
AS THE SCRIPTURE HAS SAID,
streams of living water will flow from within him."
John 7:37, 38

1 comment:

Julie and Luke said...

Preach it sister. I love your heart for the Lord and your heart for bringing others to Him!