Thursday, November 27, 2008

To live is Christ and to die is gain...

"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me.
Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ."
Philippians 1:21-27
Prayer from my Worship Bible....
"What a sobering thought, Lord- the primary reason for me to remain on this earth is to aid in the spiritual progress of others. You created me for "good works", and you desire that I bear much fruit while I am yet on earth. So work through me, Lord! Once again I bow my knee and humble my heart to meet your objectives: not my peace but their progress, not my comfort but their conversion, not my satisfaction but their sanctification. Lord, give me more time and more opportunities to reach more people for You before You call me home."

No comments: