Thursday, January 7, 2021

A Whole New World

 As I watched the events of January 6 go down in history, the world started spinning. What ON EARTH is happening? Evil sure seems to be winning. Protestors (who may or may not be true Trump supporters) losing their minds, leaders who do not know or love God being sworn in to have total control over us and this country, truth being twisted, division, fighting, paranoia, depression, hopelessness, etc... It was honestly too much to process. I kept thinking of my grandfather's commitment to this country and him risking his life to protect it for ME. Now, it is being destroyed from the inside and patriotism is condemned. The Church has no common voice. "Christians" are all over the map. Some even voting to support abortion and all the evil things around the corner??!! Courageous Christians using their voices to speak for life and liberty and getting beat up... by other "believers".

We are living in crazy crazy times.

This morning (January 7) I woke up with a deep PIT in my stomach. It does feel like waking up to a whole new world (you know you are singing the Aladdin song right now).  The magic carpet in this new world is wildly out of control though and I want to get off. I want to go back to 1984 when I was a little girl playing at my grandparents house while they listened to Gospel music. I miss peace. I miss safety. I miss my grandparents and their godly generation. 

But Acts says that God chose the exact times and places in which I should live. And the exact times and places in which YOU SHOULD LIVE. He chose us to be right here. Right now. He is going to give us everything we need to serve Him and He will protect us from the lurking evil that we cannot control. Jesus prayed this prayer FOR YOU... 

"My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one."

John 17:15

Jesus is still praying for us and is going to save us TO THE UTTERMOST.

"Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them." 

Heb 7:25

I am pretty sure "the uttermost" includes 2021, pandemics, wicked leaders, lost freedoms, religious assaults, and everything else coming our way. 

I texted my mentors this morning and said I am SO sad. 

It feels like living in a funeral that won't stop. So much grief. So much destruction and death. 

My spiritual dad said read Ps 46. I'm gonna pass that on to you... in case you don't have a spiritual dad.

God is our refuge and strength,

an ever-present help in times of trouble.

Therefore we will not fear,

though the earth is transformed

and the mountains are toppled

into the depths of the seas,

though their waters roar and foam

and the mountains quake in the surge.

Selah

There is a river whose streams delight the city of God,

the holy place where the Most High dwells.

God is within her; she will not be moved.

God will help her when morning dawns.

Nations rage, kingdoms crumble;

the earth melts when He lifts His voice.

The Lord of Hosts is with us;

the God of Jacob is our fortress.

Selah

Come, see the works of the Lord,

who brings devastation upon the earth.

He makes wars to cease throughout the earth;

He breaks the bow and shatters the spear;

He burns the shields in the fire.

Be still and know that I am God;

I will be exalted among the nations,

I will be exalted over the earth.”

The Lord of Hosts is with us;

the God of Jacob is our fortress.


So, it is Jan 7. What do we do now? We read our Bibles. We continue to "build our arks".  


"By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith." Heb 11:7


"As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man."

Matt 24:37


This doesn't mean we shrink back in fear and hide in our houses. This means we build our arks by sharing the gospel and telling people that Jesus is coming! It means rescuing the hurting and ministering to broken hearts. It means discipling our children and giving them the tools they need to navigate all this darkness. It means building our houses on THE ROCK so the storms won't knock it down. It means investing in our marriages and making them stronger so they can (literally) carry the weight of the world. We need to be reading our Bibles so we can know the truth in a world controlled by the Father of Lies. 

It means having Bible Studies and maintaining fellowship. We see the day approaching!!  We have to be meeting together & encouraging one another EVEN MORE! 


"not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching."

Heb 10:25


I have written about this before but REMEMBER that when the plague of darknes struck Egpyt, the Israelites HAD LIGHT IN THEIR HOMES.


"No one could see anyone else or move about for three days. Yet all the Israelites had light in the places where they lived." Ex 10:23


Annoint your homes. Ask God to protect your home by the blood of the Lamb. Fill your home with worship and the Word. 


Lastly, "do what is right and do not give way to fear." 1 Peter 3:6


Jesus is coming soon. 

May He find us busy and full of FAITH. 


I love you and I am here for you! I hope and pray that reading God's Word brings comfort to you in these difficult days. 

There really is a whole new world coming. And we won't be flying on a magic carpet but behind the King of Kings on a white horse.

I can't wait.


Steph 

><>




No comments: