Thursday, January 7, 2021

Birth Pains




After birthing 8 children, I feel like I can address the topic of "contractions" with authority. :)
I have experience with birth pains.
So, when God's Word says "birth pains", my ears are listening.  

“Watch out that no one deceives you...You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 
Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of birth pains."
Matt 24

I want to encourage you that the things we are seeing MUST HAPPEN. I think that is kind of obvious after so many Christians praying against what we are seeing and so many people physically trying to stop it. But it is still happening right before our eyes. 
It reminds me of Hope's birth (you may remember this one). I wanted to try to have her naturally. Can't be too hard, right? Well, she came so fast there was no doctor or nurse. It was just me screaming my head off in terror (as I thought my body was going to break in half), " I CAN'T DO THIS!!!!! I wanted to stop the train. Tim calmly looked at me as Hope was being born, "Um, you ARE doing this".

These things MUST HAPPEN according to the Word of God. That doesn't mean we don't try and push back/restrain evil- we certainly do! But we also have to trust in the sovereign and prophetic Word of God that already has certain things mapped out before the return of Jesus. 

"Nation will rise against nation" in the original language is "ethnos with rise against ethnos"- or race against race! Goodness, we are seeing a spike in racism like I have never seen before. We each need to guard our hearts and fight racism in these last days. Don't fall into that sneaky trap of the enemy and the world that wants you to turn against someone of a different skin tone. Above all else, LOVE! We have so much to gain from loving one another in these dark days instead of hating each other. 

We are seeing the kingdoms of the world rise against each other. I believe things are lining up beautifully for a one world government and for one man to have all the answers- the antichrist. 

Famines and earthquakes are on the horizon. 
These are the beginnings of "birth pains". 

What is this talking about? 
Who is in labor? 

Creation and BELIEVERS.


"For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed.  For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope  that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the first fruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies" 
Romans 8

Creation is groaning because it has been under a curse since the garden. It is eagerly awaiting the wedding when the bride comes through that door and all is made RIGHT! Just like the Disney movies at the end when the prince and princess get married and the blue birds chirp with excitement. The kingdom comes back to life! That is going to happen when we (the Bride of Christ) is revealed. All of Creation will be liberated from bondage and decay! Until then creation groans as in the the pains of childbirth. 
And not only creation, but US! We are waiting eagerly for our adoption and redemption of these broken bodies! 
I feel like Jan 6 was a big GROAN in the spiritual realm. Contractions are not fun AT ALL. But, they are doing something! They are getting us closer to BIRTH. And these contractions are getting us closer to the birth of a new Kingdom. 
Your Kingdom COME, right!??
It's coming.

You can see the contractions. 







When I was in labor, I knew if I was going to do it without an epidural... I had to have a "focal point".  For some people it is a someTHING or their husbands or a picture. For me, I really just had to zero in on Jesus. I had a Scripture rock that I squeezed, worship music playing, and it was just ME AND GOD.
I went into the bathroom alone and said, "I can do this if you do it with me." It felt as if God set aside any of His duties of controlling the world to be by my side and give me strength. 
It was just us. 
Tim was there too, I think. ;)






If we could see into the spiritual realm, I think this is what we would see.
Birth Pains.
We are groaning. 
But we are also birthing something AMAZING. 
It is painful.
Sometimes it feels like me might die in the process.
So, we find our focal point.
JESUS.


"But my eyes are fixed ON YOU
Sovereign Lord; IN YOU I take refuge"
Ps 141:8


And, then, when we see what God is birthing out of all this groaning, we will WEEP WITH JOY.
"For the natural realm can only give birth to things that are natural, 
but the spiritual realm gives birth to supernatural life!"
John 3:6



Be prepared for birth pains in 2021. 
They are getting closer together. 
Such things MUST HAPPEN.
We need to be wise and prepare.
But even more than that, we need to keep our focal point!
JESUS.

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith"
Hebrews 12:2


(If you are wondering, these are pictures from more than one birth. That newborn picture is Crew.)

 

No comments: