Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Give.

"The angel answered, “Your prayers and gifts to the poor have come up as a memorial offering before God."
Acts 10:4
“He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done.”
Proverbs 19:17
You know how I love our friends who have LEFT EVERYTHING for the calling on their lives to be missionaries in Ethiopia.... well there is a really cool way for you to be a direct part in saving lives there. If you are like me, you want to give but don't know how, where, or who to. This is SUCH A COOL ministry to support. ALL OF YOUR MONEY GOES TO THE NEED... not processing fees.
Paul is a surgeon there. He and his super-cute wife, Becca, could have had the American dream but instead... chose to lay it all down for the sake of the gospel and to use their gifts in Ethiopia helping people who are helpless.
I have so much respect for them I feel like I need to bow when they walk in the room. They are incredibly humble. Tim and Paul were in medical school together years ago and he was a groomsman in our wedding. We were able to have dinner with them about a month ago and hear all that God is doing in Ethiopia at the hospital where Paul is serving. WOW.
One thing I will never forget was when Paul was telling me all the heart- wrenching (unlike anything we will ever endure in America) stories about suffering, death and poverty.. I said,
"Paul, with so much suffering all around you, children dying in your arms, how do you keep your eyes on the GOODNESS of God?"
He immediately said with a huge smile, "Oh, but I see the goodness of God everywhere".
That made such an impression on me. I want to see the goodness of God everywhere... even when I am surrounded with suffering.
Anyway, they are THE REAL DEAL-No strings attached-followers of Jesus Christ. I would never share this opportunity with you if I didn't believe in it 100%. This is a way for you to immediately help someone who needs help. You will be saving lives. Remember the frame money I sent that I selfishly wanted back? You will read about a 2 month old burn victim that is able to be treated because of that TINY sacrifice. I cannot believe I wanted that money back after they told me how it was used.
(God, please forgive me for being such a loser.)
You can give and go to sleep knowing your money was used for the Kingdom of God. You can see the people your money is helping!! If you have questions, send them an email. Look through the website.
Please pray and consider being a part of this ministry. Send them $5 if that is all you have or 5,000,000 if God lays it on your heart! ;) It is very easy to make a donation on-line. I just did it and it was really easy to give cheerfully. The original Greek word in that verse is hilaros where we get our word hilarious!
I am able to give hilariously to this ministry because it makes me so happy.
It may be time for another frame sale!
Pray about it and see if God lays a burden on your heart. I am not trying to guilt or pressure you but I do want you to know how you can invest in the Kingdom!
*********************
"You must each make up your own mind as to how much you should give. Don't give reluctantly or in response to pressure. For God loves the person who gives cheerfully."
2 Cor 9:7

3 comments:

Faye said...

HEY THERE!STOPPED BY FOR A VISIT.WHAT A BLESSING YOUR BLOG IS!I WILL BE BACK.US GA.PEOPLE HAVE TO STICK TOGETHER!LOL! BLESSINGS FAYE

Madeline Wade said...

Yes, you are so right. Paul and Becca are amazing people. I had the opportunity to work with Dr. Gray while he was a surgeon at Baylor Dallas. They are truly inspiring!

Erin Southwell said...

WOW Steph! I feel like I want to clear out an entire day just to sit and read through their blog. Thank you for sharing their incredible story.