Reece has become so inquisitive. I wanted to give you a taste of what I hear all day long...
"Is God stronger than crabs?"
"Is God bigger than ocean liners?"
"Is God bigger than the sky?"
"How big would Jesus be if He laid down on this road?"
"What bugs live under the ground?"
"Why are girls not suppose to run very fast?"
"Why do you have to be old to be a grandma?"
"When am I going to be a grandpa?"
"Why does an octopus have ink?"
1. Me (teaching Reece about tithing): "The Bible says that if we give money back to Him then we will be blessed."
Reece: Does blessed mean I have to get married? I don't want to get married. Momma, when you and daddy kiss, I think it is ridiculous.
2. Bubba (running out of the bathroom): "Reece, WE NEED MORE WATER FOR THE RIVER."
the mention of water and river in the same sentence is always a bad, bad sign
3. Bubba (looking at daddy's weight bench): "Momma, why aren't you tough like daddy?"
Reece (in all seriousness): "She IS... because of her fingernails."
4. Reece (when I put on shoes that weren't flipflops for pictures at the beach): "Momma, I like your shoes. Are those princess shoes?"
(They never see me in anything other than flipflops and tennis shoes. Reece is going to be a great husband. He tells me I am beautiful all the time and notices anything new I wear. Too bad we are looking into arranged marriages for them. Just kidding... maybe. We might be Amish by then.)
Prayers Before School
1. Bubba: "Dear God, thank you for this great day and the sunshine and ummm.... please help daddy do better in golf. He is really bad."
2. Reece: "Dear God, help us to obey better... and help mommy and daddy to obey better. Well, um... they do good except for when daddy drives wild and when he dives where it says NO DIVING. Help daddy obey the rules. (Tim and his parents were all there for this one. We got very tickled. Looks like Tim has an accountability partner for life now that Reece reads everything. )